Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sleep (or lack there of)

You know that feeling you get the night before a big meeting, or a big game, or just a day when you have something exciting going on, and you toss and turn in bed because your mind is racing. Well that has been me for about the past week ... and I don't even leave for 6 freakin' days! I can't get my mind to stop wandering. I try to count sheep, but all I see are those big liter size German biers that I can't wait to get my hands on. I keep trying to tell myself that it's good because somehow the lack of sleep will help me adjust to the time change once I get to Europe or some shit like that, but it's starting to get real annoying ... and I am really really tired now. Anyone got an ambien that they would like to donate to the cause?

You can really start to feel the excitment starting to build in the futbol community. The friendly's are in full swing (Holland plays Mexico today!). And the teams are slowly starting to arrive in Germany (The United States leaves this evening and will arrive at 06:05 in Hamburg). The Brazlians just laid an 8-0 whooping on some crappy Swiss club team, and Argentina looked fantastic against fellow qualifyers Angola. The Opening Match (Germany and Costa Rica) kicks off in Munich in less than a week, and I already have a place picked out in Amsterdam where I will be watching.

It's going to be a helluva a trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home