Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Team USA, Haircut, Packing

So I wanted my last post before leving to be about Team USA and their prospects in Germnay, but there are other issues that also need to be discussed.
#1 I did it ... I shaved my head ... take a look ...

BEFORE
AFTER
It's just so much easier to go over there without having to worry about it. It's low maintnence and of course, it will grow back in a matter of months (don't fret ladies!)
#2 Packing turned out to be a slightly larger issue than I had figured. I really thought I was packing light ... well, turns out, my backpack doesn't agree. I had to re-arrange a few times, but I managed to stuff it all in there. Now, the only problem will be trying to figure out where to put all of my souveniers. OH WELL!
OK ... onto the original subject ... The Red, White, and Blue ... I have high hopes for this U.S. Team. I know that everyone is worried about their group, but in all honesty, I'm not. we have proved our worth on the international stage and this is an opportunity to show that we belong. Advancing out of this group will be a great success for American Soccer, for sure, but we must set our sights higher than that. we should no longer be happy with a round of 16 appearance. If Brazil awaits in the next round, so be it. To win a World Cup, you have to beat the best at some point, might as well knock them out early.
I hate to cut it short, but I have to finish up my last day at work.
SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ATLANTIC!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home