Friday, June 16, 2006

The Final Chapter

before I start ... I know great writing is done in order ... but it's just not possible without you own laptop and ability to get on the internet whenever you want ... so let's wrap it up first!

dateline -- amsterdam -- 9:57 am

My trip is coming to an end ... I will finish the blog when I get back to the States ... that last entry is going to be like a novel! There is so much left to tell and my time on the internet has been limited the last few days (in 2010, at the next world cup in South Africa, I'll have to bring a laptop) You will definitely want to check back in a few days for the finished product (you know you want to know the result of the cliffhanger at the end of chapter one!)

I'm on my wy to the airport in about an hour for my flight back to the emerald isle. I'll be back on american soil around 1 am saturday (in nyc). I think I have timed it correctly that I will be able to catch a good portion of the holland-ivory coast match today during my layover in dublin. I am fully geared up for my flight home with my dutch jersey and some sweet holland wristbands and headband (haha ... the irish don't know what's coming). I am interested to see what the airport is going to be like. I have heard stories from people who were flying around germany that the airports are like everyone else around here during a match (everyone's eyes glued to a television).

Hopefully everything I bought fits into my bags!

Thanks to everyone who followed my adventure here on the blog. Keep an eye out for the footage that I shot on Sportsnite exclusively on Comcast Sportsnet. You will get the 1st hand experience of the story that I have told here! I have a ton of stuff (8 tapes full) and now I have to decide exactly what to do with it!

If anyone wants to know stuff will be on ... send me an email at alittlefield@comcastsportsnet.com and I will make sure you are informed.

And don't forget to keep checking this space for the final chapters of my trip. It should be complete before the end of next week (also the time that I have to go back to the "real world" i.e. -- work). I have a ton of notes to go through. But, I promise you will get more than a few laughs out of the final day or two of the trip!




AKL

ps -- postcards are in the mail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home